S2C M 15/27
Underwater Acoustic Modem
The S2C M 15/27 underwater acoustic modems with a wide-angle (120 degrees) transducer beam pattern are depth-rated devices for medium- and long-range transmissions, providing data transfer rates of up to 9.2 kbit/s over 3500+ m distance.
The wide-angle transducer beam pattern (120 degrees) is suitable for numerous applications, enabling vertical and slant transfers between mobile and/or stationary nodes.
The S2C M series of "mini-modems", a product line designed for size- and weight-sensitive applications, is ideal for integration with modern UUVs.
Communication and positioning for AUVs and ROVs
Size- and weight-sensitive applications
Effective communication in adverse conditions
High frequency device for fast data transfers
Light and compact
Smaller and lighter build designed for size- and weight-sensitive applications
The beam pattern is optimal for transmissions in horizontal channels
S2C M 15/27
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
|Stainless Steel||2000 m|
|Operating Range||6000 m|
|Frequency Band||15 - 27 kHz|
|Transducer Beam Pattern||horizontally omnidirectional|
|Acoustic Connection||up to 13.9 kbit/s|
|Bit Error Rate||less than 10-¹⁰|
|Internal Data Buffer||1 MB, configurable|
|Host Interface ||Ethernet or RS-232|
|Interface Connector||1 connector|
|Stand-by Mode||2.5 mW|
|Listen Mode||5 - 285 mW|
|Receive Mode||0.8 W|
|Transmit Mode||60 W (adjustable)|
|External||24 VDC (12 VDC)|
|Internal||Rechargeable Li-Ion battery, 18 V 3.5 Ah 60.3 Wh, with integrated BMSand charger|
|Housing||Ø 63x235 mm|
|Total length||310 mm|
1) One RS-232 Interface can be replaced with a RS-422 interface. Contact EvoLogics for more information!
2) Power consumption for RS-232 interface. Add 500 mW if an Ethernet interface is installed. Add 300 mW if the Wake-Up Module is installed. User-configurable Listen Mode is only available with a Wake-Up module installed. Power consumption in Listen Mode depends on Listen Mode settings.
3) Contact EvoLogics for more information on external and internal power supply options.
4) Dimensions of a Delrin housing, other builds are slightly larger.
5) The Wake Up Module is only compatible with RS-232 interface! It is not compatible with Ethernet or RS-422.
Specifications subject to change without notice. ©EvoLogics GmbH
Modules and Options
|Wake-Up Module|| |
|Power switch|| |
|Advanced Timekeeping Module||✓ OEM-only|
|SDM Version|| |
|Acoustic Release Device|| |
|Floatation Collar|| |
|Cable-Mounted Transducer|| |