S2C R 18/34D USBL
communication and positioning device
S2CR 18/34D USBL with a horizontally omnidirectional depth-rated transducer is a limited edition of the S2C R 18/34 USBL. The S2C R 18/34D USBL is only available in titanium housing and is depth-rated for up to 6000 m.
S2C R USBL devices with a built-in ultra-short baseline antenna enable tracking simultaneously with full-duplex digital communication, delivering an excellent all-round performance as USBL transceivers.
Switching between positioning and communication modes is not necessary: positioning data is calculated simultaneously with acoustic transmissions. Both features complement each other in a fully integrated system.
High-Speed & Depth rated
High frequency depth rated device for fast data transfers
Multiple configuration options and extra modules available to best-fit the particular application scenario
The beam pattern is optimal for transmissions in horizontal channels
S2C R 18/34D USBL
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
|Operating Range||3500 m|
|Frequency Band||18 - 34 kHz|
|Transducer Beam Pattern||horizontally omnidirectional|
|Slant Range Accuracy ||0.01 m|
|Bearing Resolution||0.1 deg|
|Nominal SNR||10 dB|
|Acoustic Connection||up to 13.9 kbit/s|
|Bit Error Rate||less than 10-¹⁰|
|Internal Data Buffer||1 MB, configurable|
|Host Interface ||Ethernet or RS-232|
|Interface Connector||up to 4 connectors, Ethernet and serial combinations|
|Stand-by Mode||2.5 mW|
|Listen Mode||5 - 285 mW|
|Receive Mode||1.4 W|
|Transmit Mode||5.5 W, 250 m range|
|8 W, 500 m range|
|18 W, 1000 m range|
|80 W, max. available|
|External||24 VDC (12 VDC)|
|Internal||rechargeable battery 5 Ah or 10 Ah|
|USBL antenna||Ø 130x137mm|
|Total length||355 mm|
2) One RS-232 Interface can be replaced with a RS-422 interface. Contact EvoLogics for more information!
3) Power consumption for RS-232 interface. Add 500 mW if an Ethernet interface is installed. Add 300 mW if the Wake-Up Module is installed. User-configurable Listen Mode is only available with a Wake-Up module installed. Power consumption in Listen Mode depends on Listen Mode settings.
4) Contact EvoLogics for more information on external and internal power supply options.
5) Dimensions of a Delrin housing, other builds are slightly larger.
6) Internal Xsens® MTi AHRS (Attitude and Heading Reference System) compensates the changes of roll, pitch and heading. Power consumption increases by 400 mW with AHRS installed.
7) The Wake Up Module is only compatible with RS-232 interface! It is not compatible with Ethernet or RS-422. 2-interface Wake Up Module version reacts to incoming data on two serial interfaces.
8) The Power Switch is only compatible with RS-232 interface! It is not compatible with Ethernet or RS-422.
Specifications subject to change without notice. ©EvoLogics GmbH
Modules and Options
|Internal AHRS || |
|iUSBL configuration|| |
|Wake-Up Module || |
|Power switch || |
|Advanced Timekeeping Module||✓|
|SDM Version|| |
|Acoustic Release Device|| |
|Floatation Collar|| |
|Pressure Sensor|| |
|Cable-Mounted Transducer|| |