S2C M 30/60
Underwater Acoustic Modem
The S2C M 30/60 underwater acoustic modems with a nearly hemispherical transducer beam pattern are high-speed devices for effective transmissions in reverberant waters, providing data transfer rates up to 31.2 kbit/s over a 1000 m range.
The beam pattern is optimal for horizontal, vertical and stant transfers.
The S2C M series of "mini-modems", a product line designed for size- and weight-sensitive applications, is ideal for integration with modern UUVs.
Communication and positioning for AUVs and ROVs
Diver tracking systems
Size- and weight-sensitive applications
High-speed communication in adverse conditions
High frequency device for fast data transfers
Light and compact
Smaller and lighter build designed for size- and weight-sensitive applications
The beam pattern is optimal for transmissions in horizontal, vertical and slant channels
S2C M 30/60
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
|Stainless Steel||2000 m|
|Operating Range||1000 m|
|Frequency Band||30 - 60 kHz|
|Transducer Beam Pattern||nearly hemispherical|
|Acoustic Connection||up to 31.2 kbit/s|
|Bit Error Rate||less than 10-¹⁰|
|Internal Data Buffer||1 MB, configurable|
|Host Interface ||Ethernet or RS-232|
|Interface Connector||1 SubConn® Metal Shell 1500 Series|
|Stand-by Mode||2.5 mW|
|Listen Mode||5 - 285 mW|
|Receive Mode||0.8 W|
|Transmit Mode||10 W, 250 m range|
|20 W, 500 m range|
|40 W, 1000 m range|
|80 W, max. available|
|External||External 24 VDC (12 VDC optional)|
|Housing||Ø 63x235 mm|
|Total length||310 mm|
1) One RS-232 Interface can be replaced with a RS-422 interface. Contact EvoLogics for more information!
2) Power consumption for RS-232 interface. Add 500 mW if an Ethernet interface is installed. Add 300 mW if the Wake-Up Module is installed. User-configurable Listen Mode is only available with a Wake-Up module installed. Power consumption in Listen Mode depends on Listen Mode settings.
3) Contact EvoLogics for more information on external and internal power supply options.
4) Dimensions of a Delrin housing, other builds are slightly larger.
5) The Wake Up Module is only compatible with RS-232 interface! It is not compatible with Ethernet or RS-422.
Specifications subject to change without notice. ©EvoLogics GmbH
Modules and Options
|Wake-Up Module || |
|Advanced Timekeeping Module||✓ OEM-only|
|SDM Version|| |
|Acoustic Release Device|| |
|Floatation Collar|| |
|Cable-Mounted Transducer|| |