S2C M 18/34
Underwater Acoustic Modem
The S2C M 18/34 underwater acoustic modems with a horizontally omnidirectional transducer beam pattern are high-speed devices for effective transmissions in reverberant shallow waters, providing data transfer rates up to 13.9 kbit/s over a 3500 m range.
The beam pattern is optimal for horizontal transfers between mobile and/or stationary nodes.
The S2C M series of "mini-modems", a product line designed for size- and weight-sensitive applications, is ideal for integration with modern UUVs.
Communication and positioning for AUVs and ROVs
Diver tracking systems
Size- and weight-sensitive applications
High-speed communication in adverse conditions
High frequency device for fast data transfers
Light and compact
Smaller and lighter build designed for size- and weight-sensitive applications
The beam pattern is optimal for transmissions in horizontal channels
S2C M 18/34
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
|Stainless Steel||2000 m|
|Operating Range||3500 m|
|Frequency Band||18 - 34 kHz|
|Transducer Beam Pattern||horizontally omnidirectional|
|Acoustic Connection||up to 13.9 kbit/s|
|Bit Error Rate||less than 10-¹⁰|
|Internal Data Buffer||1 MB, configurable|
|Host Interface ||Ethernet or RS-232|
|Interface Connector||1 SubConn® Metal Shell 1500 Series|
|Stand-by Mode||2.5 mW|
|Listen Mode||5 - 285 mW|
|Receive Mode||less than 0.8 W|
|Transmit Mode||2.8 W, 1000 m range|
|8 W, 2000 m range|
|35 W, 3500 m range|
|55 W, max. available|
|External||24 VDC (12 VDC, 300 VDC options)|
|Housing||Ø 63x235 mm|
|Total length||310 mm|
|Stainless Steel||2910/2120 g|
1) One RS-232 Interface can be replaced with a RS-422 interface. Contact EvoLogics for more information!
2) Power consumption for RS-232 interface. Add 500 mW if an Ethernet interface is installed. Add 300 mW if the Wake-Up Module is installed. User-configurable Listen Mode is only available with a Wake-Up module installed. Power consumption in Listen Mode depends on Listen Mode settings.
3) Contact EvoLogics for more information on external and internal power supply options.
4) Dimensions of a Delrin housing, other builds are slightly larger.
5) The Wake Up Module is only compatible with RS-232 interface! It is not compatible with Ethernet or RS-422.
Specifications subject to change without notice. ©EvoLogics GmbH
Modules and Options
|Wake-Up Module || |
|Advanced Timekeeping Module||✓ OEM-only|
|SDM Version|| |
|Acoustic Release Device|| |
|Floatation Collar|| |
|Cable-Mounted Transducer|| |