Underwater Acoustic Modem
Any S2C R underwater acoustic modem can be configured as an S2C beacon - a compact battery-powered device with built-in acoustic release mechanism and floatation collar.
With EvoLogics' patented S2C technology, the beacon is a great communication and positioning performer, optimized for short- and mid- term deployment and easy recovery back to the surface. As a transponder for LBL or USBL positioning, an underwater communication network or relay chain node, the S2C beacon can benefit multiple marine applications.
Transponder for LBL and USBL positioning
Autonomous relay station
Autonomous underwater network node
S2C Beacon - CONFIGURATION EXAMPLE
S2CR 18/34 Beacon as a transponder
|Quiecent time||100 days with a Wake Up Module|
|Number of replies||
100.000 (2.8 W, 1000 m),
unlimited with external power supply
up to 200 m
up to 3500 m
up to 13.9 kbit/s
|Dimensions (with/without flotation collar)||
ø 200 mm/ ø 110 mm x 515 mm
appr. 6 kg/2 kg
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
|Operating Depth||1000 - 10 000 m depending on the model*|
|Frequency||High-, mid- and low-frequency models*|
|Transducer Beam Pattern||Directional and omnidirectional models*|
|Acoustic Connection||up to 31.2 kbit/s depending on model*|
|Bit Error Rate||less than 10-¹⁰|
|Internal Data Buffer||1 MB, configurable|
|Host Interface||Ethernet or RS-232|
|Interface Connector||up to 2 SubConn® Metal Shell1500 Series|
|Stand-by Mode||2.5 mW|
|Listen Mode||5 - 285 mW|
|Receive Mode||0.8 W|
|Transmit Mode||up to 70 W depending on model*|
|Internal||rechargeable battery 5 Ah or 10 Ah|
|Housing/Transducer||Ø113 mm x466 mm / Ø110 mm x140 mm|
|Float collar/Total length||Ø 448 mm x370 mm / 850 mm|
|Aluminium Alloy||22700/4900 g|
|Stainless Steel||63000/5300 g|
1) See the Configuration Options for available standard interface combinations.
2) User-configurable Listen Mode is only available with a Wake-Up module installed. Power consumption in Listen Mode depends on Listen Mode settings.
3) Power consumption for the RS-232 interface option. Add 600 mW for the Ethernet interface option.
4) Contact EvoLogics for more information on power supply options.
5) Dimensions of a Delrin housing, other builds are slightly larger